Patients come in all different shapes and sizes. They also speak many different languages. Whether you are working abroad or at home, there will come a time when you will need to rely on English to communicate. This course can help nurses, doctors, pharmacists, paramedics, receptionists, specialists or even those who volunteer. You will learn some basic English expressions and vocabulary related to the medical field. By studying and practising Medical English, you will be able to make your patients feel more comfortable, and have a better understanding of their needs. You will also learn how to talk to their loved ones and communicate with other medical staff who speak English
In certain specializations the medical subjects are taught in English. The expert level of English requirements is higher than in other specializations, particularly related to clinical medicine. From this point of view English for Medical Purposes (EMP) is very important for these students. The English vocabulary that medical professionals need in their medical career is not only English for General Purposes (EGP), but also EMP.
- Intensive language practice in the area of English for Medical Purposes, with an emphasis in building fluency for patient/professional interactions
- Interactive application of terminology through simulations with expert voice coaching professionals.
- Online and on-site networking
- Seminars offered by Medical professionals on a range of topics - videos
- Visits to local health care offices and clinics - to be arranged